The ultimate makeup guide


Here is all you need to know about makeup

As a sequel to my how to be classy diaries, I decided to write about what is a must for a makeup bag. This of course varies on taste and how much makeup do you like to wear daily and what type of makeup.

I like to wear natural makeup on the daily school week day. The look I intend to go for is one that looks like its all me, however, I put an effort in my appearance.

For this I use:

1. A light coverage foundation as concealer or just concealer if you will.


like wearing thebalm's even steven whipped foundation in the shade medium dark. Because this is a foundation that has a low shade range, the medium dark tone is a little lighter that my actual skin tone which makes it just great for using it as a concealer that highlights the high points in my face and brightens overall my face. this foundation is great because its light coverage for that natural look and it's not cakey at all.


2. A good eyebrow product, I prefer loose powder but anything will do.


I absolutely adore Two Faced's Brow envy brow kit because it's very easy to use and gives long lasting eyebrows, it also comes with setting wax which ensures your eyebrows will stay in place without getting cracky

3. a good mascara, makes such a difference!


4. Im very picky when it comes to mascaras, I like my mascare with a lot of volume and not a single goopy thing in them. Better than sex mascara is great (Waterproof) and another more affordable alternative is Maybelline's Colossal Volume Glam one.
4. a good blush. a flushed face is a really good look (with its limits)


I love blush if you don't have the cash, just use your lipstick!, I like my blushes to be dusty pink with body and depth and good long lasting coverage. Bobby brown's cream blush is great as well the two faced cream powder blushes

5. A highlighter, to look radiant when the sun posses on you


I like my highlighter to be rose gold because it just looks more natural in my skin tone which is like the one in the cover, and I like them to be long lasting, two faced blushes are greattt and also the Anastasia ones and becca one.

6. a good nude lipstick


my lips are very dark and therefore to find a good nude lipstick that suits my kind of lips has been hard, im still in the hunt! however a good nude lipstick that suits almost every skin tone are Mac's velvet teddy and Charlotte tilbury's Pillow talk. For my dark skin tone girls, I use Revolve's Rum Raisin which is just nude for me

Now what you need ( in addition ) for a night look and occasions that allow you to wear more makeup, such as lunch with friends

7. a good eyeshadow pallete


I like my eyeshadow palletes to offer neutral tone shades, I prefer to make my eyemakeup with reds and browns and glitters for that cut crease look. Good alternatives are ABH's soft glam palette and HG pro eyeshadow pallete

8. False lashes, just to focus more on your eyes


I love my eyelashes to be very natural looking and cat eye shaped. Fleur de force eyelashes and Huda Beauty eyelashes are great alternatives!

9. Eyeliner (liquid)


Absolutely adore a good cat eye, my favourite is through black liquid eyeliner. Physician's formula liquid eyeliner is great, also Tom Ford's precise liquid eyeliner

10. A good red lipstick


This is it. the epitome of makeup. a statement piece. can make you go from a 2 to a 200 in one simple step. good red lipstick is timeless and very classy. Some of my favourites are Mac's russian roulette, Kate Moss for rimmel #107, remember to know what works for you if orange toned or blue toned reds (the key to rock a red lip is to know what undertones your skin has)

11. Brushes:


- a blush brush
-a powder brush
- a flat foundation brush
-an angled and spoolie brush
-a flat pointed brush
- a blending brush
- a fan brush

Comments

Also Check