17 Self Care Tips for a Healthy Mind & Body


It’s important to do what’s best for you whether approve of it or not.This is your life. You know what’s good for you and remember, self care takes strength.
—unknown

Do you ever forget to take care of yourself?I know. You’re probably too busy, and finding the time to take proper care of yourself may be difficult. However, if you don’t, it won’t be long till you’re worn out and engulfed by a mental fog where it is hard to care about anyone or anything.

Self-care isn’t something you do once and tick off the list. It’s the constant repetition of many tiny habits, which together can soothe you and make sure you’re at your best state—emotional, physical, and mental.

The best way to do this is to apply tiny self-care habits every day. To regularly include in your life a little bit of love and attention for your own body, mind, and soul.

1. Start a compliments file. Just write down great things people say about you and read it later:)



2. Take a quick nap. Ten to twenty minutes can reduce your sleep deprivation and make your mind feel fresher!



3. Cherish true friends. Surround yourself with people who selflessly love you for you, without any hidden agenda. Those friends are priceless.



4. Make one small change to your diet for the week. Drink an extra glass of water each day, or have an extra portion of vegetables each meal.



5. Stop Overthinking. I know this may be a hard one, because even I overthink from time to time. But, you will end up missing out things that are actually happening in your life, if you’re always stuck in your head of endless thoughts. You won’t have all of life’s answers, and it’s supposed to be that way. Imagine how boring your life would be when everything is already expected lol



6. Change up the way you make decisions.Decide something with your heart if you usually use your head. Or if you tend to go with your heart, decide with your head.



7. Go cloud-watching. Lie on your back, relax, and watch the sky.



8. Pay complete attention to something you usually do automatically. Perhaps brushing your teeth, walking, eating, or doing your morning routine.



9. Oxygenate by taking three deep breaths. Breathe into your abdomen, and let the air puff out your stomach and chest.



10. Fix a small annoyance at home that’s been nagging you. For example, your lost earring, your broken charger, or a drawer that’s stuck. Let me tell you one thing, it makes you feel so much better after it’s finally taken care of.



11. Run (or walk, depending on your current physical health) for a few minutes. Or go up and down the stairs three times.



12. Unplug for an hour. Switch everything to airplane mode and free yourself from the constant notifications of social media. Just read a book!


or...if you couldn’t follow tip number 12...

13. Edit your social media feeds , and take out any negative people. You can just “mute” them; you don’t have to delete them.



14. Be still. Sit in a place you would feel calm, whether it’s your bedroom or the local park, and be quiet for a few minutes.



15. Stop comparing your self to others. You can control one life—yours. But when we constantly compare ourselves to others, we waste precious energy focusing on other peoples' lives rather than our own.



16. Do a mini-declutter. Donate things from your wardrobe that you don’t love or regularly wear.



17. Treat yourself. Whether it’d be taking a nice, warm bath or eating a food craving, you shouldn’t wait for a “special occasion” where you feel like you deserve it. Take a break, you deserve a moment of happiness.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.

I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the
post. I will certainly comeback.
Anonymous said…
Hello.This article was extremely fascinating, particularly because I was browsing
for thoughts on this matter last Monday.
Anonymous said…
Every weekend i used to visit this web page, for the reason that i wish for
enjoyment, for the reason that this this website conations genuinely nice funny stuff too.
Anonymous said…
hello there and thank you for your information ? I have definitely picked
up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using
this web site, since I experienced to reload the
site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK?
Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and
could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords.
Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content.
Ensure that you update this again very soon..
Anonymous said…
Incredible points. Solid arguments. Keep up the good
effort.
Anonymous said…
Please let me know if you're looking for a article
writer for your blog. You have some really good articles and I think
I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link
back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested.
Thanks!
Anonymous said…
hello there and thank you for your information - I've
certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this
website, since I experienced to reload the site
many times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK?
Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google
and can damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing
with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective exciting content.

Ensure that you update this again very soon..
Anonymous said…
I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I actually loved the standard info a person supply on your
visitors? Is going to be again continuously to investigate cross-check new posts.
Anonymous said…
Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's
really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.

I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.

Cheers!
Anonymous said…
Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad
and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot
drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!
Anonymous said…
Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
facebook group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
Please let me know. Many thanks
Anonymous said…
Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do
with internet browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon.
Cheers
Anonymous said…
Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months
of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?
Anonymous said…
I like the helpful info you provide for your
articles. I'll bookmark your blog and take a look at again right here frequently.

I am quite sure I'll be informed lots of
new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!
Anonymous said…
Very interesting points you have noted, regards for posting.
Anonymous said…
Hello friends, nice post and pleasant arguments commented
here, I am in fact enjoying by these.
Anonymous said…
At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming over again to
read additional news.
Anonymous said…
This article will help the internet visitors for building up new
blog or even a weblog from start to end.
Anonymous said…
Hi there, yeah this post is genuinely fastidious and I have learned lot of things from
it about blogging. thanks.
Anonymous said…
Good ? I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site.
I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs
as well as related info ended up being truly easy to do to access.
I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least.
Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme
. a tones way for your customer to communicate.

Excellent task.
Anonymous said…
I dugg some of you post as I cerebrated they were invaluable extremely helpful.
Anonymous said…
I have read so many posts on the topic of the blogger lovers
however this piece of writing is actually a pleasant paragraph,
keep it up.
Anonymous said…
Hi, after reading this amazing article i am too delighted to share my know-how here with colleagues.
Anonymous said…
I consider something truly special in this internet site.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for some other great post. The place else may just
anyone get that type of info in such an ideal means
of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I am on the
search for such info.
Anonymous said…
There is visibly a lot to know about this. I believe you made some
good points in features also.
Anonymous said…
I want to to thank you for this good read!! I certainly enjoyed every bit of it.
I have got you book marked to check out new stuff you post?
Maria Tsiokani said…
Hey! This is such a good idea. Please complete the contact form on the homepage and you will be for soon writer of some of the following articles

Also Check