Simple Lunch & Breakfast Ideas For School and Work!

I'm going to be sharing my favorite breakfast and lunch ideas for school, work, or times you are on a time crunch that are healthy, fast, and simple to prepare!


Superthumb


Breakfast
1) Peanut Butter Toast and Banana
This is my favorite breakfast of ALL TIME. If you don't believe me, try it. Toast some bread, spread peanut butter/ almond butter/ sunflower butter, whatever if your favorite, then slice up a banana and put it on top of the toast. If you don't like peanut butter, Nutella or jam are also delicious.


breakfast, chocolate, and diy εικόναbanana, food, and breakfast εικόνα

2) Instant Brown Sugar Oatmeal
I LOVE this breakfast too! I used to HATE oatmeal, until I mastered it and found the right one. I buy the Quaker Instant Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal. It is very sugary, so I sift out a bit of sugar. They also have a reduced sugar one, but then I feel it is too plain, so I buy the regular one and I can adjust how sweet I want it to be. Then, I add around 2/3 cup of 1% milk. If you are vegan, I suggest using Oat milk or coconut milk to add to flavor and creaminess. Water doesn't do this recipe justice. Believe me, milk makes it 100% better! Then, I chop up strawberries, bananas, blueberries, whatever I have, and mix them in! It is so filling and great for people with a sweet tooth!
food, banana, and breakfast εικόνα

3) Protein Bar and fruit
For those days you literally have to run out the door, eat a protein bar and some fruit. I LOVE Think Creamy Peanut Butter and Brownie Crunch & One Protein Birthday Cake. These bars are 60g, so they are SUPER filling, but I also like having some fruit to add some freshness and extra vitamins.


bar, chocolate, and dessert εικόναacai, chocolate, and Cookies εικόνα

4) Parfaits
These are super easy to either buy prepared, or throw together in the morning. Chop up your fruit and store in your fridge in an airtight container. Then, in the morning, grab some yogurt, I suggest Trader Joes Honey Greek Yogurt. Then, pour in some granola, I like Kind Honey Granola, you can also use nature valley bars by crushing them up. Then, I put in the fruit. If you use unsweetened yogurt, add a tablespoon or so of honey, agave, or maple syrup.


food, healthy, and banana εικόναfood, blueberry, and healthy εικόνα

5) Grab and Go Pancakes!
Make your own pancakes and freeze them. Then throw them in the toaster to warm them up. Top them with maple syrup, peanut butter, and some bananas. A good healthy pancake recipe:
-1.5 cups of flour or oat flour
-3.5 TBSP Baking Powder
-1.25 cups milk of choice
-2 egg whites
-1 TBSP vanilla extract
-2 TBSP coconut oil
-pinch of salt


food, pancakes, and breakfast εικόναpancakes, healthy, and banana εικόνα

Lunch Ideas
1) Pita Lunch Box
I LOVE pita bread, I buy pitas, cut them in triangles, add them in a bento box with sliced ham or turkey, hummus, fruit, trail mix, a granola bar, and also whatever I'm craving, whether that is a cookie or a bag of chips. You need to balance healthy and happy! If you don't like or have pita bread, you can add crackers, I love thin triskets in sea salt or Milton's crackers.


baking, carbs, and drink εικόναbanana, celery, and food εικόνα

2) Teryaki Chicken and Rice
Buy frozen grilled chicken at the store or make your own, and buy the microwave packs of rice. Then, in the morning, microwave the chicken and the rice, add in some sauce, and seal in a thermos. It stays delicious and is a hearty meal for the long school day.


food, Chicken, and yummy εικόνα

3) Sandwich ideas
Sandwiches are very lunchbox friendly. Here are some variations:
-Nutella and Peanut Butter with banana on White Bread. For the child in all of us.


food, nutella, and peanut butter εικόναbanana, food, and yummy εικόνα

-Turkey, Swiss, and Lettuce with any spread of choice. Or BLT on ciabatta bread, that is the BEST.


food, cheese, and sandwich εικόνα

-Chicken sliders. Shred up some chicken, add spices like garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and add a little bit of mayo. I don't even like mayo but I like it in this recipe because it binds the chicken and gives it a nice taste. Then, cut Hawaiian rolls in half and pack some of the mixture in them. Then seal with saran wrap.


food εικόνα

That's all for this article! If you like it, share it!

Comments

Also Check