Tips for finals/exams week

I personally struggle a lot when it comes to concentrating and studying for long periods of time, i know college/high school can be
stressing but there are a few things i find useful for this time of the year, so i wanted to share some things that work for me, hopefully this will help you somehow.

having an adequate space to work


this could be your desk, your bed, the dining table, the library, a coffee shop. i personally prefer to work on my desk always but everyone has their preferences, just find yours!

~

setting a mood~a vibe!!!


lighting a candle, maybe some incense, essential oils, music in the background, a specific light... my fairy lights and a nice candle usually work for me, it just gives me some sort of motivational feeling (it doesn't last too long, but hey we'll take whatever we get).

~

organising your schedule/study plan


i usually do this while i'm in class and i'm bored, some days before i start studying, i just write down in my agenda everything i want to do each day and i divide the work/studying i have to do, ticking things you get done in the way is always so fulfilling for me!

~

turning your phone off and putting it far away from you!!


if i keep my phone close to me i will definitely be checking it a lot and distracting myself any chance i get, so i prefer to put it on airplane mode and setting it far away from me, out of hand reach.

~

taking little breaks and eating snacks


my focus doesn't last too long, so i usually work for 40 minutes straight or i set some goal (like studying x pages, or doing x exercises) and after that i stop for like 10 minutes. in some of these breaks i will eat something and drink some tea/water (stay hydrated kids).

~

making summaries/formula papers!!!!!!


whenever there's too much theory or information on a subject, as a way of studying and revising everything, i love making summaries or putting all the formulas in a single paper, it doesn't just help you to study while you make them but after that they are incredibly useful.

Comments

Mannatkaur said…
tysm for these tips !!!!! i wanted to ask you what laptop (and model) do u use?
Mannatkaur said…
tysm for these tips !!!!! i wanted to ask you what laptop (and model) do u use?
Maria Tsiokani said…
sorry for taking me so long to answer but i had a problem with the comments. first of all thank you for reading my blog, hope you find more useful articles. because you asked, my laptop is from Xiaomi, i don't remember exactly the mode, but if i will later, i'll inform you. Have a nice day

Also Check