Four Sun Safety Tips to Remember

I've been thinking about an upcoming trip I'm taking to Greece and imagining all of the amazing days I'm going to spend on the beautiful beaches and all of the sun I'm going to soak up before I have to come back home to everyday life.

Even though I want to come home nice and toasty, I'm getting older and I want to make sure I keep these four simple sun safety tips in mind. I know they'll help you too no matter what beach you find yourself on this summer!

1. Wear sunscreen! Everywhere! OR try to use a suntan lotion with sunscreen in it.

I know it's a widely held belief that you won't tan if you wear sunscreen, but that's not true, we can in fact still tan with sunscreen on, even if the process is a bit slower.

I myself always wear sunscreen and I tan very quickly. I know, however, that our bodies are all different, so I encourage all to find ways to include sunscreen in their routine in little ways, even if you opt for not believing me and excluding sunscreen from your routine (shame on you!) or wearing suntan lotion without sunscreen;
• Wear chapstick or lip balm with SPF.
• Wear a moisturizer with SPF.
• Wear makeup that contains SPF.
• Buy sunscreen body oil so you're cute and glowy.
• Utilize spray-on sunscreen so it's quick and easy to apply.

2. Wear a cute hat

I know, the sunhat defeats the purpose of catching rays, but protection from the sun is also vital for skin health, so try and balance out your sun exposure with a cute hat and outfit to match to give your skin a break from the sun from time to time.

3. Wear sunglasses and utilize shade.

I get it, if you're in direct sunlight with sunglasses on, it could result in a funny tan that's shaped like your sunglasses!

However, remember that your eyes can be greatly affected by the time you spend out in the sun, so when you're not attempting to tan but rather, just hang out on the beach, use those shades if it's too bright.

When you're getting warm, seek shade! There's a time to tan and a time to take a break from the sun, so be balanced and don't take that shade for granted.

4. Drink Water!

Make sure no matter what you're doing or where you are that you stay hydrated.

So I don't know about you, but I'm investing in some nice sunscreen body oil and some spray on sunscreen and I'm hitting that Greek beach! Here's to a safe, fun, and hot summer!

Comments

Also Check